Taxes applies on Electricity Bill and Its Calculation
Now you can easily calculate how taxes applies on bill.
Here is the list of taxes included in a electricity bill.
- ED (1.5% of cost of electricity)
- NJ (1% of units consumed)
- GST (Cost of electricity+E.D+FC Sur)×17%
- FC Surcharge (Units consumed ×0.43)
- LPS (Cost of electricity+N.J+FC Sur)×0.1
- QTR (Units consumed ×1.61)
QTR applies when the number of consumed units are above 300. After that the GST also calculate as
GST with QTR ((Cost of electricity+E.D+FC Sur+QTR)×17%