POLICY REGARDING REWARD FOR REPORTING THEFT OF ELECTRICITY AND INCENTIVE FOR DETECTING THEFT OF ELECTRICITY
1.Checking to at least rule out theft, unscrupulous extraction or use of electricity by consumers, and in the end, WAPDA decided to create a system to report / detect or detect electricity theft or reward and reward theft.
2.Standing operating procedures (SOPs) come into force on 01.01.2000. Letter No. 1467-1672 / GMCS / D (R&CP) / 57118 dated 11/14/1988 Letter No. 265-486 / GMCS / D regarding the article issued by GM (CS) (R&CP) / 57118 dated: 02.06.1989, letter No. 1141- 1268 / GM ~ S \ ‘D (R&CP) / 571 18 Date: 20.06.1991 and Letter No. 3299-378 / GMCS / DG \’ (R&CP) 57 ‘57118 dated 22.09.1997 will be considered suspended. according to SOP as of 01.01.2000.
3. How much can be Payable
A maximum of 10% of the invoiced tracking invoice will be distributed as a reward and incentive prize. Disclosures provided as a result of the report will be paid for by a maximum of 5 representatives out of 3111 representatives. The remaining 5 invoices from the lost account will be received and refunded as Part 1 and Part IL Collateral, which contains payment details and procedures for:
INCENTIVE FOR REPORTING THEFT OF ELECTRICITY
4. Who can get reward.
This bonus will be paid to anyone reporting electricity theft, provided the theft is verified and a disclosure invoice is issued to be used for criminal / illegal users. The value of the prize will be a fixed percentage of the refund amount and will be paid by check or cash. The following persons are entitled to remuneration: a. public
b . Government Employees
c. Employees of autonomous, semi autonomous and corporate bodies
d. WAPDA Employees whether Regular, Temporary, on Daily Wages, on Contract or on Deputation except those employees whose job description and charter of duties includes checking/detecting theft of electricity except those employed on intelligence duties.
5. Criteria For Incentive
The reward payable to the Reportee shall be in accordance with the amount contained in Table-I below.
|Sr. No.||RECOVERED AMOUNT||
|1||Amount upto and including Rs.5,00,000/-||5% of the recovered amount||Rs.25,000.00 (Twenty Five Thousand)|
|2||Amount from Rs. 5,00,001 upto and including Rs10,00,000/-||Rs. 25,000.00 plus 2.5% of the recovered amount exceeding Rs. 5.00 lacs||Rs. 37,500.00 (Thirty Seven Thousand Five Hundred|
|3||Amount from Rs. 10,00,001/- upto and including Rs. 20,00,000/-||Rs. 37,500.00 pIus 1.25 % of the recovered amount exceeding Rs 10.00 lacs||Rs. 50,000.00 ( Fifty Thousand)|
|4||Amount from Rs. 20,00,001/- upto and including Rs 50,00,000/-||Rs. 50,000.00 plus 1% of the recovered amount exceeding Rs. 20.00 lacs||Rs. 80,000.00 (Eighty Thousand)|
|5||Amount exceeding Rs. 50,00,000/-||Rs. 80,000.00 pIus 0.75% of the recovered amount exceeding Rs. 50.00 lacs||To be calculated|
6. Budget Head
Each DISCO and GM (M&S) will open a Budget Head Account titled Reward and Incentive. Budgetary Provisions will be made annually by the Authority on demand basis so that the requirements of Rewards/Incentive are met from this Budget Head.
7. Procedure For Theft Reporting
- Any eligible person may lodge a report in person by telephone or in writing to any of the under mentioned officers authorized to receive such reports.
- (1) Authorized Officers – DISCO’S
- (a) Chief Executive of DISCO’S.
- (b) Director Commercial and Dy. Director Surveillance of DISCO’S.
- (c) All SE’s (Operation) Circle, All XEN’s(Operation Division and All. SDO’s (Operation), Subdivision of DlSCO’s
- (2) Authorised Officer WAPDA HQ
- (a) General Manager (M&S) WAPDA House Lahore Reports received by the Chairman, Dy. Chairman and Members of the Authority etc. will be handled by GM (M&S).
- (b) Genera Manager (lnt) WAPDA I-louse Lahore including Deputy Directors Intelligence deployed in the field.
- (c) Directorls Surveillance of GM (M&S) located in Peshawar, lslamabad/Rawalpindi, GujrarwaIa, Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan, Hyderabad and Deputy Director Surveillance Quetta.
- (d) Director, Chairman WAPDA Complaint. Cell, G-7, Wapda House, Lahore.
- (1) Authorized Officers – DISCO’S
- Essential InformationThe report by a reportee must contain under mentioned essential information to locate the Consumers indulging in theft.
- Reference Number of the Consumer if known.
- Locality/Address of the Consumer.
- Category of Consumer, i.e. Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, Tube well etc.
- Mode of theft and time of theft if known.
- Availing The Reward
- If the reportee wishes to avail the Reward, it will be necessary for the reportee to:
- Indicate whether or not he/she wants the report to be treated as confidential.
- Give his name, address, telephone number and photocopy of the National Identity Card.
- If the reportee wishes to avail the Reward, it will be necessary for the reportee to:
8 . Tiers Of Action
The action on reports will be decentralized Payment of reward, however will be finally approved at two tiers:
- DISCO TierThe Authorised Officers at DISCO level will receive complaints, take action to raid/ascertain theft, quantify the theft, raise Detection gill, quantify share of the reportee and get final approval of the payment to be made from Chief Executive DISCO.ReRead more
- WAPDA HQ Tier
- (1) GM (M&S) The Regional Directors Surveillance having received reports will carry out raids, ascertain theft, get the Detection Bills raised through Field Formations, quantify the amount of reward and get the approval of GM (M&S) for’ payment of the reward. GM (M&S) will process the cases for approval of the Authority. Having solicited the approval, cheque will be issued to the concerned Director Surveillance for the payment amount from the ‘dedicated Budget Head with GM (M&S). The Director Surveillance will make payment to the Reportee on receipt of the cheque. .
- Actions By the Authorised Officers
- The reports received will be processed in writing, by telephone or personally by authorized personnel. If desired, the name of the representative and other data will be kept confidential. A separate folder will open for each report.
- If an authorized employee is on a visit, is on vacation, or unavailable in the office, the written report will be kept, without opening the cover, in the secure storage of his / her personal assistant, and the dispatch to him in person can be opened by a competent employee who visits the office, can appoint another employee / official to work with this report in case of his absence.
- The Competent Officer should, as soon as possible, assemble a raid team outside of the observation teams at his disposal, or form a flight team of other officers / officials as he deems appropriate, or may appoint a raid team from any other Competent Personnel who may request collection. He will provide them with the information they need for the raid and will not disclose the source of the information. The Competent Officer must execute the raid decision according to the following priorities:
- Industrial Consumers
- Large Commercial Consumers
- Other Commercial Consumers
- Agricultural Consumers
- Domestic Consumer having AC’s
- Domestic/other Consumers
- The raider group will link the party’s field headquarters according to the user’s category and conduct raids with their presence.
- If the raid reveals the success of energy theft, a written report will be sent to the competent authority at the disco, and a flight information report will be filed against the offending user at the appropriate police station, increasing the amount of theft in the event. units. Give and take action against him. Find an invoice.
- The raiding party submits a written report of its findings to the competent officer. The Competent Officer should ensure that the appropriate complaint handling authority within the jurisdiction of the offending consumer sends proof of the retrieval of the invoice for retrieval, which has been verified by the relevant tax officer.
- The Competent Officer prepares a case report recommending payment to the actor in accordance with clause 5 (bonus amount) and proceeds with the case in accordance with clause 8. Each disco and GM (Int) will provide monthly reports. Pay GM (M&S) Fees on the 7th of every month
- GM (M&S) shall consolidate all reports and submit a summary to the Authority by fifth of each month.
- Spurious Reports.If the message is found to be unfounded, frivolous, sensational or malicious, WAPDA may take action against the representative if he is a WAPDA employee, in accordance with E&D rules. If the representative is a government official or an employee of an independent / semi-autonomous / corporate organization, a mismanagement report will be sent to the parent organization. If the representative is a public person, if necessary, a criminal case can be initiated against him.
Only those WAPDA employees who are tasked to check and detect theft of electricity will be eligible for incentive awards: The detection may be due to:
- Reported Theft Raid conducted by Surveillance Team/other raiding party constituted by the Authorised Officer to investigate reported theft by a consumer.
- Routine Surveillance Routine surveillance/other duties falling within the job description/charter of duties of the individual/team.
12. Quantification of Incentive Award
The incentive award shall be payable in accordance with the amount contained in the Table -2 below:
13. Sharing of Incentive Award.
Detecting theft of electricity is a team work effort in which the Authorised Officer and his office staff along with the Field Teams are involved. Therefore, sharing of the incentive award is a must, in order that proper interest is maintained at all level. Sharing of Incentive Award shall be in following cases:
- Detection As a Result of a Report.The authorized official receiving the report, together with the author of the report, conducted a raid with the concessionaire. The cost of the award is distributed equally between all members of the raider party and a competent employee. In this case, no employee will be eligible for the Double Excellence award. It also ensures that a representative who is eligible for the award (in accordance with part 1 of the SOP) will not be included in the incentive award.
- Routine Detection
- As a result of regular checks carried out by divisional personnel to detect energy theft in the case of divisional employees, the team participating in the SDO will be eligible for 90% of the reimbursement amount according to the detailed schedule of the L team and will be equally divided. team and SDO. The remaining 10% will be divided equally among employees of other departments.
- In the event that a routine check is carried out in groups through the Li XEN (Operations) unit, the XEN group will be eligible for 90% of the refund amount in accordance with the LL scale. This amount will be split evenly through Exxon, and the remaining 10% of the review team will be split equally among the other members of the department.
- The schematic board is detailed with SE schematic. As a result of regular disclosures by the team, the team formed by SE Circle will be eligible for 90% of the refund amount in accordance with the LL Schedule. At the same time, the participation of the examination group and SE is equal. stay. 10% of the department employees will be divided equally.
- Director of the M&T Department. In the event of regular detections of energy theft by the department manager’s M&T teams, the department manager’s M&T team will evenly distribute the amount returned by the department manager according to Schedule L. and will be 90% eligible. And the team. The other ten will be peer partners through other employees of the department manager.
- Regional Director of M&T. In case of preventive examination by the regional manager. The regional manager and the review team found that 90% of the reimbursement would be eligible under Appendix L and would be split equally among team members, including the regional manager. The remaining 10% will be split equally among the rest of the Regional Director’s staff.
- Disco CE will be 90% of the quantity exported according to Table L in the event of a routine inspection by HO Disco personnel as a result of a discovery. The remaining 10% will be evenly distributed by the discotheque commissioner.
- For routine inspections by the General Manager (M&S) / Deputy Managers, county / CA monitoring shows that 90 percent of the reimbursed amount is on track for the team of certified staff. The percentage will be eligible. Silt will be divided equally. The remaining ten prizes will be distributed equally by staff of designated officers. Any member of the field formation whose jurisdiction has been tracked will not be eligible for the award, even if included in the regular exam.
14 . INCENTIVE CLAIM PROCEDURE
- Reported Theft
- In In the event that an Energy Theft Detection is reported, the Representative will immediately arrange for an immediate monetary reward. The responsible officer will take care of billing the research. According to Table 1, 50 percent of the math bonus will be claimed and approval will be obtained from the relevant body discussed in this paragraph. To ensure the confidentiality of the N1C signature and the payment received, the payment record will be kept (confidential and accountable) and all confidential payment transactions will be recorded by the appropriate authority. This record will remain under the personal control of the employee concerned and will be available for audit purposes.
- The remaining 50% of the Reward will be paid to the Reportee after the amount of Detection Bill have been duly entered in 2 by the RO, a Computer Detection Bill based on CP-52 has been issued and payment of the same is verified by the RO concerned.
- Routine Checks
- An assessment of units stolen will be made by the checking/ Raiding Party.
- Amount of Detection will be determined by the SDO/XEN concerned and the Detection Bill Performa, after due approval from the Competent Authority sent to the RO.
- The RO will prepare cP-52 based on the Detection Bill Performa and send the data to Computer Section.
- The Computer Section will enter data into the Computer.
- The Central Computer will send a computerized Detection Bill to be served to the Consumer.
- The Competent Officer has confirmed to Human Resources that the disclosure invoice has been paid in full or in part and will prepare an application for the award of excellence in accordance with Appendix L and obtain the approval of the appropriate officer referred to in paragraph 8. And pay. According to clause 13 of the corresponding check. An adequate record of all transactions at all levels will be kept in the Register of Outstanding Fellowships, which is supported by the corresponding receipts. This record will be accepted and provided to the auditor during the audit.
15. CONCLUSION (Reports and Returns)
DISCO’s and G.M (lnt) will submit monthly returns of payments made as Reward and Incentive separately by 10th of each month to GM (M&S). The returns will be consolidated and a summary submitted to the Authority for information by 20th of each month.
Leave a Reply